Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's the final countdown!

It's been awhile since I've updated here on this blog and figured I would for the few people who read it :)


It's been both a blessing and a curse that National Board went to the electronic portfolio this year. Blessing because I have had an extra month and a half to gather materials, write and get some feedback (a very dear friend that I met through Round 1 of NB last year is reading for me and providing some feedback). It's also a curse because I have been able to put it off a long time and that isn't always so good.

I submitted my draft to my reader on Sunday and am just waiting for her to email me back. I only need a half point to certify and I can guarantee that my writing is much better this time around having been able to wait a bit longer and focus on only one entry rather than 4. This time last year I was prepping for the AC and it's been almost one year since I took that test. Hard to believe. 

It's been a crazy year teaching a 4/5 split but I've almost made it! I am really excited to get my friend's feedback, make my revisions and send that sucker off, hopefully for the last time! 

Then, of course, it is the waiting game AGAIN until November when I hopefully log in and see "CONGRATULATIONS".

No comments: