Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Assessment Center

After mulling through the thousands of emails I seem to get every day, I noticed that I had scheduled my assessment center on the day that happens to be Field Day. With any other group, I would have left it. With this one?  Nope. So I went to the site and looked to see what else is free....not willing to make it on a day when I would miss a prep period.

So Monday, May 14 it is. Kind of scary because it's coming up FAST. But...the last chat for the EMC Literacy group is May 13. Plus a few of us have been doing our own chats. The one I am most worried about is the emergent literacy since I have never taught K-1 and never plan to either. Fortunately one of my new pals in my certificate area IS a K-1 teacher and is steering me in the right direction on that one. So hopefully, I will be okay.

I'm not too worried about the change of day. It's a Monday rather than a Wednesday but I won't miss any specials, my kids aren't taking any tests, etc. If I really kick myself in the behind in the next couple of weeks, I will be okay. I really am not too worried. I have kicked some ass (if I do say so myself) in my practice work for the AC so I'm feeling MUCH better than I was at the onset of this part of the process.

In truth, I will be beyond happy to get that assessment over with and get on with the rest of my life. I have learned a TON in this process and I am so glad I have done it...but I also am looking forward to relaxing. Thinking about closing out the year, looking ahead to next year and NOT thinking about the test or practicing for the test. I will hang on until the end of May to help my fellow candidates but once May is over...I'm SO done until November when I get to panic about score release!


Photobucket

No comments: