Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Support

I've made it no secret that when I make National Board certified status, I will be the only one in my district. Therefore I have no mentor or coaches or support groups.

I have my yahoo group and ecgen.org and that's it.

I am finding that I am good at thinking through the prompts and applying them to the stimulus. The issue will be when you only have 30 minutes to read and respond. The prompt doesn't change, just the stimulus, but that means you need to know 6 prompts like the back of your hand going in. No easy task.

I missed the first yahoo chat for exercise one but made it for exercise two. A fellow lit candidate wanted some practice with exercise 5 so we met tonight and it was just us but we got it done. Great thinking and we started sharing a brain after a bit. Good problem to have! We encouraged each other to back it up and find proof.

If we're honest I'm enough of a bossy pants that I kind of like leading the chat...pushing the thinking of myself and others. It's also helpful. Now the trick will be to be able to do all of the steps of the prompt in under 30 minutes!

No comments: