Saturday, January 7, 2012

And the countdown begins

My personal deadlines for National Board are staring me in the face. They are looming big because one was for tomorrow. I'm not going to make it unless a miracle happens and the entry writes itself.

I am going to have to take advantage of my less busy after school schedule this week and get caught up for work so I can really bust out National Board stuff at home. The Husband has had Saturdays off and been working Sundays lately but that means he is less than helpful around here on Saturdays. I end up doing 99% of the house stuff and taking care of the kids and he watches TV. Not a fair trade when you have one of the most important things you've ever taken on to do.

So starting next Saturday, for the duration of his weekend work schedule, I am going to leave the house. I am going to pack up my iPad and my National Board stuff and head on down to my alma mater (they have free parking on the weekends) and work. It will be quiet and there will be very few distractions.

I am going to have to make a new schedule for myself -- one that includes time during the week to work on it plus my one weekend day. One of my resolutions was to take a day OFF each week but that isn't going to happen this weekend simply because of some stress yesterday and needing to catch myself up. It's okay though.

I am going to be scheduling some personal days over the next two months and will use that time to stay home alone and WORK.


Photobucket

No comments: