Saturday, January 21, 2012

Support

I have previously mentioned I have no cohort or support groups in person. Everything is online because there are no cohorts in my area and I am the only candidate in my district as far as I know. 

At the end of December, I joined ecgen.org and it has been the best thing I've ever done. Yes it is mostly geared toward the early childhood generalist but I find the more I interact there and the more involved I get with it, the more helpful it is. (Imagine that!)

We had a chat on Entry 3 today and I got some great advice plus met two candidates who have agreed to be "check in" buddies with me. That will be great so we can keep each other on track and keep going with this. Super important especially as time winds down.

I planned my personal days for this year and will be taking them all on Fridays. Two are in March. My kids and hubby will be at school and I will have a day to just WORK. Smartest thing I've ever done. A huge weight has been lifted off of me because I don't feel alone anymore. I can do this. And I will.



Photobucket

No comments: