Saturday, February 11, 2012

Crunch time!

In seven mere weeks, the portfolios must be sent off to National Board. Scary!!!

I have 3 personal days coming up that I am going to use to take total advantage of working on my entries and the little stuff before that deadline. So hard to believe that it is coming up soooo quickly!

Due to conferences this week I have not touched National Board anything all week. Bummer. BUT all is not lost because I did not bring anything home from work, even though I probably should have, so I could focus on National Board this weekend. I finally have the last data I was waiting for so I should be able to finish my write up of E4 and I plan to finish E3 by tomorrow. 

I need to get them into the hands of my readers by tomorrow night so I can get some feedback from others who aren't teachers and make sure I answered all of the prompts. I am making The Husband and The Oldest read the entries too. I'm sure they will just love that! But they already promised so they can't back out now. Besides, to my mind, reading is the easy part!! I have to do the hard stuff *wink*

I actually have one former teacher who will be reading for me. I am going to send her E4 because it is all about the student impact and I think it will be much clearer to HER if I have shown that because she has taught before (she's currently staying home with her toddler). My other readers will be able to see if I have answered the questions in my other entries because I left all of the prompt questions in the write up (in red) until I do my final revisions and then I will take all of that out.

It is amazing how I don't feel stressed out right now. I think I have solid evidence for everything I have done and I know I have grown as a teacher. Kelly, who runs ecgen.org, said once that most people practically ace their assessment center after the focus chats they do on the site from April-June. I'm excited for that because you only get 30 minutes to answer the prompt and that can be tough! There is so much information on that site. Initially I was afraid it was not going to be much help since it primarily focuses on the early childhood generalist but I can't say enough how that $35 has been the best money I have spent on this journey. Everyone is helpful and willing to help you to see where you are following the right path or getting sidetracked. It's the best cohort I could have asked for.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Sneaker Teacher said...

7 more weeks til your NB deadline....7 more weeks until my baby comes! I am also diligently working on my dissertation proposal because I am hoping to present/defend it before baby girl arrives. Based on all the university deadlines and waiting around for processing I need a draft in the next few days so I can get feedback and then hopefully a final draft by the beginning of March. Yikes! Good luck with your work!