Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yay! (E2 feedback)

My super good friend, and former colleague, K agreed to read E2 for me. This is the one where you have to show that you can help children construct meaning through reading. She didn't see the video, just my written commentary and sent me her feedback today. I had sent her the evaluation guide that NB uses because I thought it might be easier for her to gauge what they are looking for. 

She and I have not taught together in 2 1/2 years. She has never been in my current classroom or met my current students. She read the entry over the last week and her feedback is so helpful. She said I seriously NAILED IT in terms of showing knowledge of my students, the field and how to use assessments to guide instruction. She actually wrote her feedback on the evaluation guide which was really helpful to me as well. It helps me see where I can still make some tweaks but overall, I'm thinking this entry is probably going to be good to go by next weekend! Super awesomeness.

I am STILL putting my finishing touches on E4. Bah! It is all written and ready. I need one verification form filled out which I can probably get tomorrow since the gal I am asking to do it taught with me at  Former School and now teaches with me at Current School. How's that for luck? 

I am struggling with wording my reflection. I want to be clear and concise but not repeat myself or sound like I think I am all that. I am actually very good at reflecting -- I do it all the time. But putting those thoughts down on paper is not so easy for me. At least not when the words aren't just for myself. So I'm struggling still with that one a bit. It's next on my To Do list then after I get The Oldest from her church event, I plan on finishing up E3 and handing it over to my next reader. Time is ticking away. There's so much to do to make sure my work is the best I can possibly submit before that March 31 deadline.


Photobucket

No comments: